Innovation Schoolwear recognise the responsibility that we share with our manufacturers to source garments and products in an ethical manner. We want our customers to be confident that people are treated fairly, are not exploited and are not exposed to unsafe working conditions. Our Ethical Trading Policy requires all our manufacturers to comply with our ethical code which is based on the International Labour Organisation (ILO) and national and international laws.
This policy is set out to ensure that we maintain the highest possible standards as we continue to grow and source products worldwide. We expect our manufacturers to comply with:
● All local standards and laws of their country
● No forced, bonded or involuntary labour
● No child labour
● Human and civil rights are respected
● Health & Safety standards
● Wages meet the minimum local standards and working hours comply with local national standards
● Sewing and fabric quality standards
● Bribery either to customers or from suppliers is not acceptable
All the factories we use are long running businesses who we have dealt with for a number of years. They all produce a consistently good product and provide an excellent service. Our purchasing agent/s visit all the factories we use abroad yearly to ensure that our high expectations of factory facilities are maintained.
We are confident in the work ethics of our manufacturers since achieving consistent quality and service is really only possible through proper work practices.